Happy Valentine’s Day friends! One of my favorite things to do around this time is to BAKE! Baking can be fun and with the right recipe it isn’t that difficult. This quick and tasty recipe is great for surprising that special someone or doing together with your sweetheart!
We start with sweetened condensed milk, egg white, pure vanilla extract, salt, and of course, coconut! Now coconut is extremely healthy for you. Rich in fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins, coconut oil has also been shown to help improve skin and hair nutrition!
So, go on and give it a try. We’re sure that special someone will enjoy them. And if there is no special someone, make a batch, turn on the TV, and have 2 or 3 while watching your favorite show! The recipe is below and if you have any questions, just shoot me an email at Gabby.Vasquez@CookingWithGabby.org. Also, be sure to comment below and share! I read all your comments and will respond ASAP. If you have any additions or notes, go on and throw them in the comment section as well.
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg white
- 1 ½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups sweetened coconut
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- Start by preheating your oven to 325 degrees. Then, line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Next, in a large mixing bowl, combine the milk, egg white, vanilla and salt. Stir to combine well. Add the coconut and stir again.
- With a large spoon, scoop 1 1/2 – 2 tablespoon size mounds of the coconut mixture onto the baking sheets. Once the cookies have all been scooped onto the sheets, use your hands to press them firmly into mounds that have a peak at the top – this will be sticky!
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes, until the cookies are lightly browned. *Note: If you are baking both sheets at the same time, rotate the trays half way through the baking time. Remove from the oven and cool for at least 5 minutes on the baking sheets. The cookies should be firm and set. Take a spatula and transfer the cookies to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Once the cookies have cooled completely, melt your chocolate in a small glass bowl. **To melt the chocolate: Microwave the chocolate at 50% power, stirring every 20 seconds. Once it is smooth and completely melted, lay out a fresh sheet of parchment or wax paper on a baking sheet. Dip the bottom of each cookie in the chocolate and then place the dipped cookies on the paper to dry.
- Place the finished cookies in the refrigerator to harden or allow them to harden at room temperature. Make them extra pretty by drizzling them with a little chocolate. Once completely hardened, serve and say Boom-Shaka-Laka!
- Nutrition information per serving | serving size: 1 cookie
- Calories 137 | Carbohydrates 16 grams g)
- Fat 8 grams (g) | Protein 2 grams (g)
- Sodium 30 milligrams (mg) | Sugar 9 grams (g)
– See more at: http://www.kidseat4life.org/CWG/2014/02/13/gabbys-tasty-chocolate-dipped-coconut-macaroons/#sthash.dPD0dYzD.dpuf